Monday, September 14, 2009

The Fifth Falcon

Lights up on the dining room of Arnold's Restaurant, after hours. We see FONZIE, RICHIE, POTSY, AND RALPH. They have chains, boards, and baseball bats.

RICHIE
Gee, Fonzie, I don't know about this new kid you recruited for the gang. I don't know if he's got what it takes to be a Falcon. I mean, he's running late...

POTSY
Yeah, and he's got awful taste in music!

RALPH
Yeah, and he caught me stealing his -- mmmhmmmhmhmhmhm -- banana cream pie!

RICHIE
Oh, Malph.

FONZIE
Look. I'm your gang leader, ain't I?

They nod.

FONZIE
And you're the gang non-leaders, arentcha?

They nod.

FONZIE
So put a little bit a faith in me okay? Here he comes now. The kid is fine!

CLARENCE enters. He is dressed flamboyantly.

CLARENCE
Heeeyyyy gang!

ALL
Hey Clarence.

CLARENCE giggles.

FONZIE
Clarence, was there something you wanted to tell me?

CLARENCE
Yeah, you smell like lip balm and raspberries.

CLARENCE giggles.

FONZIE
Look, stop that, okay? Geez. Uh...

CLARENCE
How would you like a zerbert?

FONZIE
A what? I don't--

CLARENCE runs over to FONZIE and zerberts his stomach.

FONZIE (lunging)
HEY NOW CUT IT THE FUCK OUT! What is your problem?

CLARENCE
Problem? The only problem in here is there's not enough SHOOOOOOOOOOOWTUUUUUUNES!

CLARENCE snaps his fingers and "I Am What I Am" from Le Cage Aux Folles plays. A chorus of singers emerges from the wings, swaying and holding hands.

RICHIE
Told ya, Fonz! I can't put my finger on it, but there's something off about him.

CLARENCE
Oh, Arthur!

FONZIE
Don't call me that! It's Fonzie or it's nothing!

CLARENCE
So sensitive! But that can be a good thing...(giggles)...

"The Rhythm of Life" from Sweet Charity begins to play.

CLARENCE
....but Arthur, I meant to tell you there's to be a tussle with the Snakes 'round midnight at the loading docks.

FONZIE
A RUMBLE, A RUMBLE! NOT A TUSSLE!

CLARENCE
Oh, you know, there's going to be a skirmish? With those brutes?

FONZIE
RUUUUMMMMMBBBBLLLLEEEEEEE.

CLARENCE
A regular old fracas! That's what I call it.

FONZIE
Goddamnit Clarence, you're out the Falcons! I'm kickin' you out!

CLARENCE
All right team, let's get this queen a Jamba Juice! It's 4 o'clock, tea time!

CLARENCE is swept away by a sea of dancers. FONZIE chases after him, sobbing, falling to his knees.

FONZIE
Nooooo ohh God, what have I done? He's gone, he's gone he's GAAAWN!

POTSY
Fonz, why didn't you just tell him you loved him when he was here?

RALPH
Yeah, you had all the chances in the world.

RICHIE
But none of the confidence.

POTSY
Are we gonna have to have a sitdown with the Confidence Clown again?

FONZ
Shucks, I guess so.

Jaunty Music. The CONFIDENCE CLOWN enters juggling hearts.

CLOWN
Well, kids, the secret to confidence is--

A laser beam is seen on the CLOWN's forehead.

RICHIE
Confidence Clown, watch out!

ALL
Noooooooooooooo--

A show rings out as a sniper assassinates the CONFIDENCE CLOWN. POTSY, FONZIE, and RALPH begin scrambling around the stage.

POTSY, FONZIE, RALPH
(nervous cartoony noises)

They exit in different directions, cartoon running noise accompanying them. Beat.

RICHIE
Wow, there was a shark after that first one. There's a second shark.

BLACKOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment