Monday, September 14, 2009

The League of Grumbly Authority Ladies

Lights up on a London street, vaguely Edwardian looking. A MAN runs on stage. A CONSTABLE runs after him. They halt.

CONSTABLE
Cease your escape, villain! I shall report you to the LEAGUE OF GRUMBLY AUTHORITY LADIES!!!!!!

MAN
Yeah right.

Lightning flashes, thunder. A harried, angular orchestra piece plays as dozens of old, dumpy, nearly square-shaped ladies descend onto the stage. They have wings.

MAN
Oh my god! That's the League of Grumbly Authority Ladies?

CONSTABLE
Aye, it IS. IT IS.

MAN
Look, you should really tell people that they fly. That's actually way more important than "grumbly".

CONSTABLE
I don't need that kind of criticism.

The LADIES have landed and are encircling the MAN.

MAN
Or that they have eyes like glowing coals. And three-inch long fangs that are grey.

CONSTABLE
Please, I worked hard on public speaking, it's a big fear of mine. Don't make me feel badly about the title of--

MAN
And I'm pretty sure that one is 100% gargoyl--

The LADIES pounce on him, tearing him to shreds.

CONSTABLE
Well, my confidence is shot for the week.

BLACKOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment