Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Leaves on DeathParade

EXT - Two leaves are sitting side by side on a log.

LEAF 1 : I did not wish for a future, and yet a future has come.

LEAF 2: That is life.

LEAF 1: I did not wish for a sadness, but yet a sadness has fallen.

LEAF 2: That is love.

LEAF 1: I did not wish for beasts and vermin to tumble from my eye sockets and drown in the pool of my own bile.

LEAF 2: That is slainte.

LEAF 1: I did not wis--wait. Did you just say "slawnchah?"

LEAF 2: Slainte. It's Irish for good faith, I think. I saw it on a beer coaster at Bennigan's once and--

LEAF 1: SLAINTE? SLAINTE? I've been writing my lines for months and you come out here and free associate? My agent is out there tonight!

LEAF 2: What? You have an agent?!

A mime runs across the stage and falls asleep halfway, holding a card that reads:

FIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment