Friday, September 18, 2009

A GRAVE MATTER

Lights up on a graveyard. A THUG stands above a beat-up MAN, who is digging in a grave. The THUG has a gun trained on the MAN.

THUG
I told ya if ya mess with the boss, this would be the punishment.

MAN (throwing down the shovel)
I've resigned myself to my fate. I only hope you can resign yourself to what you need to do.

Silence. The THUG raises the gun. He squints. He prepares to squeeze the trigger.

Suddenly, the GRIM REAPER emerges from the dirt.

GRIM REAPER
Eh, I wouldn't.

THUG
Oh, no?

GRIM REAPER
Naw, it's really, uh...really kinda crowded.

MAN
Crowded?

GRIM REAPER
Yeah, you wouldn't like it. Bunched up. Not cool.

THUG
Crowded, eh?

GRIM REAPER
Uh huh.

THUG
Well gee, man. I don't want that for you.

MAN
Yeah, that doesn't sound good.

GRIM REAPER
It's not.

THUG
Well, hey, let's figure something else out. Maybe we should just let you live instead.

MAN
Okay, if you think so.

THUG helps the MAN out of the grave.

GRIM REAPER
See ya guys.

THUG AND MAN
See ya.

GRIM REAPER
Oh, and pass that on, what I said about down there.

THUG
You got it.

The THUG and the MAN exit. Beat.

GRIM REAPER
Sweet! Got the place to myself tonight. I gotta call Lisa.

The GRIM REAPER pulls out a flip-phone.

BLACKOUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment